FAQ & TIPS
HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING TIPS
General guidelines for keeping your home cool & efficient:
Things to do to improve air quality & reduce potential health risks:
Fall and Winter
General guidelines for keeping your home warm & efficient:
Electrical panels, fuses, & outlets
Electrical devices, appliances, & power tools
- Pull the plug, not the cord, when disconnecting an electrical device.
- NEVER remove a plug when your hands are wet, or if you’re touching a metal object.
- The third prong of a plug exists for safety reasons. Do not break it off or bypass it.
- Use only three-pronged extension cords outdoors.
- Keep cords away from sources of heat & water.
- Cords & plugs that show signs of wear or damage need to be replaced. STOP using them IMMEDIATELY.
- DO NOT place a cord under a carpet, through a doorway, or anywhere that it could be stepped on.
- Always use extension cords that are properly rated for the amount of electricity consumption.
- Extension cords are intended for temporary use. If you need a permanent solution, CALL AN ELECTRICIAN.
- Coil up excess cord length & keep the coil intact with plastic ties or velcro straps.
- Use a CERTIFIED POWER bar if you need to plug multiple items into an outlet.
Authorized Contractor Program Overview